8 hour Infection Control, California Dental Practice Act, and Law and Ethics (COMBO)
What is the difference between law and ethics?
- A law is something you must obey.
- Ethics is how society expects you to behave.
Dental Board of California Approved
Receive a $195 discount! The regular fee is $630- You Price $435 for three classes!
Receive a DSI tote bag with your registration.
- $395- 8-hour Infection Control
- $195- California Dental Practice Act & Law and Ethics
- $45- Detailed notes and flashcards
All for $435
Dental Board of California Approved
MANDATORY- for all RDA Applicants to receive a license. If you are an Unlicensed DA hired after 1-1-10, You must complete this training within 12 months of your hire date
Class sessions: 2-hour lecture for CDPA & 2-hour Law and Ethics and 4 hours IC laboratory requirement. If enrolled in the IC course, you will be required to complete the additional 4 hours of online training: videos, practical applications, and post-tests before the course meeting to participate in the lab session.
This course will satisfy the license renewal or RDA application requirement for mandatory courses in the Dental Practice Act. You will receive a Prep Review You will receive a handout of detailed notes to help study for your Law and Ethics exam.
Our students have had great success with this course!
Course content: Scope of Practice, Allowable Duties for Auxiliaries, Conditional Duties, and Continuing Education. A great prep class for you're PSI Exam. The practice test given will be at the end of class. (Not related to actual exam questions)
Our speaker ARTHUR W. CURLEY, ESQ.
Mr. Curley is on faculty at the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry and UCSF, and has contributed to dental textbooks. Mr. Barrabee, also an instructor at the University of the Pacific, developed the firm’s transactional and business law department specializing in practice purchases, sales, and lease reviews. Mr. Kowalski expanded the firm’s administrative hearing practice by defending healthcare providers in professional licensing and disciplinary matters before the various state licensing boards and is adjunct faculty at UCSF.
- Summarize the California Dental Practice Act.
- List the governing agencies of the dental profession and define their functions.
- Describe the legal role and responsibilities of the dentist and dental auxiliaries.
- Distinguish between direct and indirect supervision and define which auxiliary Responsibilities are in each category.
- Describe the various laws regarding licenses in the dental profession.
12 hours of C.E. Credit: DBC Category 1
The following Business and Professions Code Sections require certain individuals to complete a Board-approved course in infection control (among other requirements):
1. 1750: The employer of a dental assistant shall be responsible for ensuring that a dental assistant who has been in continuous employment for 120 days or more has already successfully completed, or successfully completes, a board-approved course in infection control within a year of the date of employment.
2. 1750.2: On and after January 1, 2010, the board may issue an orthodontic assistant permit to a person who provides evidence of the successful completion of a board-approved course in infection control.
3. 1750.4: On and after January 1, 2010, the board may issue a dental sedation assistant permit to a person who provides evidence of the successful completion of a board-approved course in infection control.
4. 1752.1: Individuals applying for registered dental assistant licensure on or after January 1, 2010, shall provide written evidence of successful completion within five years prior to application of a board-approved course in infection control.
Photographing, recording, or videotaping any Dental Specialties Institute's program is not allowed without advance written permission From time to time, a photographer may be present and taking photographs of various courses, instructors, and attendees for marketing and advertising purposes. Participants not wishing to be photographed should inform the course director, photographer.
Program Type: ClassroomRegister
Discounted Price: $435.00BLENDED (CANVAS/IN PERSON) &Dental Practice Act, and Law and Ethics (Blended Canvas & ZOOM Presentation)
July 9th, 2023
9:00 am - 3:00 pm