(ITR) Interim Therapeutic Restoration Certification for RDAEF2
ITR Certification for the RDAEF2
Effective 1/1/2015, RDAEFs licensed on or after 1/1/2010 became authorized to perform two (2) additional duties in both a dental office setting or in a public health setting, head start program, preschool program or community clinic. Those duties are:
(1) Expose emergency radiographs upon the direction of the dentist.
(2) If the dental auxiliary is a registered dental assistant in extended functions, a registered dental hygienist, or a registered dental hygienist in alternative practice, determine and perform radiographs for the specific purpose of aiding a dentist in completing a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment plan for a patient using telehealth, as defined by Section 2290.5, for the purpose of communication with the supervising dentist pursuant to Sections 1753.55, 1910.5, and 1926.05. A dentist is not required to review patient records or make a diagnosis using telehealth.
(3) Perform extra-oral duties or functions specified by the dentist.
(4) Perform mouth-mirror inspections of the oral cavity, to include charting of obvious lesions, malocclusions, existing restorations, and missing teeth.
(b) For purposes of this section, “patient of record” refers to a patient who has been examined, has had a medical and dental history completed and evaluated, and has had oral conditions diagnosed and a written plan developed by the licensed dentist.
EFs certified in ITR may perform these duties without direct supervision using the standards and protocols set by the dentist.
- Current BLS Certification (American Red Cross or American Heart Association: Healthcare Provider course only) – Please bring a copy of you're certification card with you on the day of the course.
- Must show evidence of current, active status as a Registered Dental Assistant in Extended Functions, licensed on or after 1/1/2010
Discounted Price: $1,000.00