(ITR) Interim Therapeutic Restoration Certification (Radiographic Decision-Making and Interim Therapeutic Restoration) RDAEF2, RDH or RDHAP
Radiographic Decision-Making and Interim Therapeutic Restoration
Effective 1/1/2015, RDAEFs licensed on or after 1/1/2010 became authorized to perform two (2) additional duties in both a dental office setting or in a public health setting, head start program, preschool program, or community clinic. Those duties are:
(1) Expose emergency radiographs upon the direction of the dentist.
(2) If the dental auxiliary is a registered dental assistant in extended functions, a registered dental hygienist, or a registered dental hygienist in alternative practice, determine and perform radiographs for the specific purpose of aiding a dentist in completing a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment plan for a patient using telehealth, as defined by Section 2290.5, for the purpose of communication with the supervising dentist pursuant to Sections 1753.55, 1910.5, and 1926.05. A dentist is not required to review patient records or make a diagnosis using telehealth.
(3) Perform extra-oral duties or functions specified by the dentist.
(4) Perform mouth-mirror inspections of the oral cavity, to include charting of obvious lesions, malocclusions, existing restorations, and missing teeth.
(b) For purposes of this section, “patient of record” refers to a patient who has been examined, has had a medical and dental history completed and evaluated, and has had oral conditions diagnosed and a written plan developed by the licensed dentist.
EFs certified in ITR may perform these duties without direct supervision using the standards and protocols set by the dentist.
- Current BLS Certification (American Red Cross or American Heart Association: Healthcare Provider course only) – Please submit a copy of you're certification card prior to the day of the course.
- Current BLS Certification (American Red Cross or American Heart Association: Healthcare Provider course only)Must show evidence of current, active status as a Registered Dental Assistant in Extended Functions, licensed on or after 1/1/2010 -OR- Currently attending the RDAEF Program (letter from the school is required) -OR- RDAEF Certificate of Completion on or after 1/1/2010 (Copy)
- Proof of Liability Insurance Coverage
Photographing, recording, or videotaping any Dental Specialties Institute's program is not allowed without advance written permission From time to time, a photographer may be present and taking photographs of various courses, instructors, and attendees for marketing and advertising purposes. Participants not wishing to be photographed should inform the course director, photographer.
Discounted Price: $800.00ITR: Part 1
June 26th, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
ITR: Part 2
June 27th, 2021
8:00 am - 5:00 pm